A.Y Dance collects and uses your personal data to keep you updated about everything A.Y Dance related, this includes; classes, events, special deals and blog updates. You will only be sent information if you have specifically opted in to receive the A.Y Dance newsletter from 25th May 2018 (as per the GDPR policies outlined below) and can unsubscribe from this newsletter by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the footer of each newsletter. Alternatively, to request to be removed from all A.Y Dance communications manually, you can contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also an opportunity to join our newsletter on our website www.amyyoung.co.uk. At the bottom of this you will see a tick box stating ‘I am happy for A.Y Dance to contact me with news and events’ you are not obliged to tick this if you do not wish to receive any other upcoming events other than our newsletter.
As a participant of any A.Y Dance classes, wedding first dance tuition, group dance parties, corporate events, and team building events A.Y Dance collects, stores and uses the personal data that you provide. A.Y Dance does this so that we can effectively manage classes, lessons and events and ensure that as a participant you are kept informed and safe. A.Y Dance may use your data to contact you with general updates about the company, blog updates, special deals on offer, and events.
During A.Y Dance classes we will ask each participant to sign and date a Liability Waiver form and a Health and Safety form. These are legal documents and must be signed by each participant if they are wanting to take part in the class. We also ask each participant to either provide an email address or phone number should we need to contact any of the participants for legal reasons, for example if an accident was to take place in any of the classes and a claim was made by the participant. A.Y Dance must provide these forms and have them signed and dated in each class to comply with its insurance regulations. We may also collect any email addresses provided to contact participants for other reasons listed above. If you do not want to be contacted for any reason other than legal reasons there will be an ‘opt out’ box to tick on each of these forms. By signing these forms you are also giving permission for A.Y Dance to store your details securely.
By signing the Liability Waiver form this also gives A.Y Dance permission to take photographs to be used for marketing purposes only. Any pictures taken of you will be used for this reason only for marketing, on the A.Y Dance website and A.Y Dance social media platforms. If you do not want to give permission to this, you can discuss this with the A.Y Dance instructor of the class who will insure that any photographs of you will be deleted from all devices used.
- Making an enquiry online
- Telephone conversations between the director (Amy Young) or any other A.Y Dance instructor or employee.
- Email communication
- Sending an enquiry to one of our contact email addresses.
When making an enquiry online, a box will follow the enquiry form that will state…
‘I confirm that I may be contacted in the future regarding news and events in accordance with the A.Y Dance policy’
When working with other companies we may use your data to add to our marketing list this data collected includes;
- Company name
- Contact details
A.Y Dance will not share any of your personal data. Any online data you provide to A.Y Dance is stored and locked away under a password related device. Any paper forms signed and dated, are stored within A.Y Dance premises only, locked away, and only the director (Amy Young) has access to these documents.
Our website has a ‘friends’ page that include links to other third-party websites. Clicking on these links or enabling these connections may allow third-party websites to collect or share data from you. These third-party websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When and if you leave our website to go on to another third-party website, we encourage you to read the private policy of every website you visit.
We work with other companies outside the business that sub-contract A.Y Dance as an added service to their business. Therefore your information may need to be shared with one of these companies to ensure your experience with us is the best it can be. This will be information such as;
- Contact address
- Contact email / phone number.
We require all third parties to respect to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party services providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified reasons.
Our dance instructors are sub-contracted and work on a self-employed basis only. We ensure that all our instructors are qualified, and hold their own PL insurance. By working with us, they agree to keep any personal data about a participant safe and secure until it is returned to the A.Y Dance premises to be locked away. This also includes any personal data collected online, through email or telephone. All our instructors have been sent an email confirmation to ensure that if they want to continue working with A.Y Dance they must comply with this.
A.Y Dance is fully committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR applies to all organisations and sole traders that process data relating to their employees, as well as to others including customers, contractors and clients. It sets out principles that should be followed by those who process data; it gives new and extended rights to those whose data is being processed. To this end, A.Y Dance endorses fully and adheres to the six principles of data protection, as set out in the Article 5 of the GDPR.
1. Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
2. Data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
4. Data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
5. Data must be kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
6. Data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
These principles must be followed at all times when processing or using personal information. Therefore A.Y Dance will…
• Observe the conditions regarding the collection and use of information including the giving of consent
• Meet the legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
• Collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil my operational needs
• Ensure the quality of information used
• Ensure that the information is held for no longer than is necessary
• Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the GDPR (i.e. the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, to access one’s personal information; to prevent processing in certain circumstances, and to correct, rectify, block or erase information that is regarded as incorrect)
• Take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal information
• Publicise and abide by individuals' right to appeal or complain to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)) in the event that agreement cannot be reached in a dispute regarding data protection
• Ensure that personal information is not shared or transferred abroad without prior written consent
A.Y Dance will ensure that:
• Personal data is kept securely
• Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or via Web pages or by any other means, accidentally or otherwise, to any unauthorised third party.
The GDPR provides for special protection for children’s personal data and A.Y Dance complies with the requirement to obtain parental or guardian consent for any data processing activity involving anyone under the age of 13.